Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

How to move a message into a thread?

• 1.  How to move a message into a thread?

Posted 03-28-2017 11:24 AM

My team is relatively new to Flowdock, and we often reply to a message in the Flow without opening the Thread.  The choices so far have been A) leave the reply as a new Thread, or B) copy-paste the reply as a Threaded response and delete the original out-of-Thread reply.

It would be great to be able to move a message into a Thread, and by extension to merge and split arbitrary Threads.

• 2.  Re: How to move a message into a thread?

Posted 03-28-2017 12:54 PM

Hi Yosef,

Thank you for reaching out through the community with this question. Currently, you are correct with the 2 ways you listed for an accidental thread fail, either leave it unthreaded, or cut and paste it into the thread. 

Since this is considered a feature request I would like to encourage you to search for a similar topic or post this as a new idea on CA CA Flowdock's User Voice site at http://flowdock.uservoice.com/ to garner additional discussion and votes from other CA Flowdock users.

Customer requests are an important part of our product backlog, so please continue to submit any suggestions you believe would be useful. Ideas will go through a review process that includes:

- Documenting and submitting your request to Product Management
    - Aggregating similar requests into a single request
    - Reviewing and prioritizing each request
    - Scheduling the request for a specific release if appropriate

We appreciate the feedback!

Kind Regards,
    Leah

• 3.  Re: How to move a message into a thread?

Posted 04-05-2017 08:03 AM

The roadmap link is not working.

• 4.  Re: How to move a message into a thread?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 03-28-2017 02:43 PM

I am also new to Flowdock and had a similar question. I found the idea on the Flowdock user site and it says it's planned but without a new update in over a year. Any updates now would be appreciated.

Retroactively change a post in the flow to a reply. – Customer Feedback for Flowdock