Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot add a site to cluster

Posted Jan 24, 2020 09:23 AM
    Following that guide : https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager/3-3-1/add-a-cluster-site0.html

we are trying to add a new member in a new site (actually we have 3 nodes in a single site) .
    If we create a "new site" from existing primary , the site disapper after few seconds
    same issue if we create a new site during the joining process of the new member 

also tryed to add member to existing site, and there is no way to move the member ...

What's the trick to create a new site and put the memeber into it ?

thank you

• 2.  RE: Cannot add a site to cluster

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2020 02:15 PM
    Which node are you on in the cluster?  I just added a site to my 3.3 cluster.  The site did not disappear.  Are you trying to add a new site using a node that is already a member of an existing site?  Make sure you login to the primary.  If the node is already a member of an existing site, remove it from that site.  Click Add Site and populate the window that opens.  Make sure you provide the address, and optionally the FQDN, for the VIP and at least one member of the new site.  Make sure your VIP is unique, and is not used in a Load Balancer too.  If you can't get this working with this information you should open a ticket.

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Cannot add a site to cluster
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 27, 2020 04:25 AM
    Are you trying to add a new site using a node that is already a member of an existing site? Yes, but tryed also when the new node was not part of the cluster
    I've done what you say , but the site disappear ...
    i'll open (another) ticket.
    thank you!