Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Sybase Custom Connector

Posted Oct 17, 2019 10:11 AM
    ​Hi,

I am looking for Sybase custom connector to support PAM 3.3.x.
    Any help in this regards is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
    Guru

• 2.  RE: Sybase Custom Connector
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2019 01:54 PM
    With 3.3.1 you will see Sybase as an option when you click on the Application Type pulldown.  When you select that a Sybase tab will appear, on which you will see an option to enable TLS 1.2 or not, and a field to specify the DB port.  Create a Target Application for Sybase and then create Target Accounts using this Target Application.  This feature is not available prior to 3.3.1.

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Sybase Custom Connector

Posted Oct 21, 2019 02:12 AM
    Thank you Ed, This is a great news. I will upgrade to 3.3.1 and test the same.

Regards.
    Guru​

• 4.  RE: Sybase Custom Connector

Posted Nov 06, 2019 09:59 AM
    ​Hi Ed,

Hope you are doing good.
    I tried to configure Sybase account in 3.3.1. I get the below error while adding any account. Is there a class file I need to get updated. The account I am trying to add works fine in PA. Also I notices PA accepts Sybase connection without schema name but PAM 3.3.1 does not.
    "PAM-CM-0763: Database driver class not found."

Please advise.

• 5.  RE: Sybase Custom Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2019 10:13 AM
    Hi Guru, Did you upload a Sybase SDK JAR file following instructions at https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager/3-3-1/implementing/protect-privileged-account-credentials/identify-target-applications-and-connectors/add-a-sybase-target-connector/upload-a-sybase-sdk-jar-file-for-the-sybase-target-connector.html ?

• 6.  RE: Sybase Custom Connector

Posted Nov 11, 2019 03:01 AM
    Hi Ralf,

I see that ​jconn4.jar is already uploaded but I guess that could be of version below which is working in PA 4.5.3
    jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/7.00(Build 26502)/P/EBF17993/JDK16/Thu Jun  3  3:09:09 2010

I have asked for the below from Sybase team. I will update once I get the same and test it.
    jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/16.0 SP02 PL08 (Build 27392)/P/EBF28559/JDK 1.6.0/jdbcmain/OPT/Thu Nov 22 17:40:56 PST 2018

Thanks and Regards,
    Guru

• 7.  RE: Sybase Custom Connector

Posted Dec 04, 2019 08:50 AM
    ​Hi Ralf,

I tried with the below two versions with no luck I keep getting the error "Error uploading Sybase jar file jconn4.jar. Please check version." what I try to upload the jconn4.jar under 3rd Party Sybase.
    Any specific version which would work? Should the jconn4.jar used should be for Solaris/UNIX/Windows.
    Note: We have appliance installed directly in VM. and the version is 3.3.1.

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
    Guru