Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  PAM 3.3.1 can't connect to Oracle 12c.

Posted Mar 23, 2020 09:07 AM
    PAM 3.3.1 can't connect to Oracle 12c.
    It displays ERROR PAM-CM-1765.
    Anyone has any information to solve this error?
    Thank you for your help.

------------------------------
    Kazuhisa Takazawa
    MP Support Dept.
    IIM Corporation

• 2.  RE: PAM 3.3.1 can't connect to Oracle 12c.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2020 10:29 AM
    PAM-CM-1765 = Failed to synchronize/verify account. Login failed. 

Please double check your login and connection credentials.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager/3-3/reference/messages-and-log-formats/pam-cm-credential-manager-messages.html

Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: PAM 3.3.1 can't connect to Oracle 12c.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2020 10:45 AM
    Hello Kazuhisa, Other customers had problems with the Oracle JDBC driver version included in PAM 3.3.1. An update of the driver appears to have resolved the problems reported so far. There is no published patch yet, please open a support case and request a hotfix.

• 4.  RE: PAM 3.3.1 can't connect to Oracle 12c.

Posted Mar 24, 2020 06:53 AM
    Dear Ralf-san,
    Thank you very much for your quick advice. I have been provided the Hotfix. Because I don't know well about Oracle, maybe some setting were also wrong.
    We want to confirm if the Oracle JDBC driver version included in PAM 3.3.1 with Oracle 12c will  make the problem 100% or not.
    I mean when authority of user is not administrator it may not be occurred?? Or it may not be occurred if we use Enterprise edition of the Oracle 12c?? Or there may be some possibility of not occur the problem even if we use PAM 3.3.1 with Oracle 12c.
    If there is any more information we will be helped.
    Thank you.
    IIM
    Takazawa 

Kazuhisa Takazawa
    MP Support Dept.
    IIM Corporation

• 5.  RE: PAM 3.3.1 can't connect to Oracle 12c.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 09:54 AM
    These questions should be raised in the support case I asked you to open, not here. To determine whether your problem matches what was observed by other customers requires log review. I am aware of two customers who had a problem with Oracle DB accounts, and their problem was resolved by replacing the Oracle driver jar.