Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  PAM Disk Usage High

Posted Apr 02, 2020 05:34 AM
    CA PAM v3.2.6

I've found this health summary from downloading Remote Engineer Zip file:
    How can i increase the size of /dev/sda2? Thanks.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Jorghy M.
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: PAM Disk Usage High
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2020 11:08 AM
    Jorghy,

sda2 is mounted to /boot.  It's size on every PAM appliance I've ever seen is 150M... you cannot and should not need to increase it.

Also that report looks like its wrong.  It says that you have 130MB of 150MB free... your using 13% of the disk, so you have 87% free... not "very high". 

Most likely this report is looking at the MB free and thinks that its too low.  It would probably say the same thing if the disk were completely empty since that disk is so small.

Ultimately, there is nothing wrong.

• 3.  RE: PAM Disk Usage High

Posted Apr 04, 2020 01:40 AM
    Though different problem, why PAM only have 1.2GB of memory when i have 16GB memory:
    INFO: [10.49.65.23]:5900 [ClusterManager] [3.2.4] memory.used=1.0G, memory.free=197.5M, memory.total=1.2G, memory.max=1.3G, memory.used/total=84.22%, memory.used/max=77.18%, load.process=29.00%, load.system=33.00%, load.systemAverage=309.00%, thread.count=216, thread.peakCount=220, event.q.size=0, executor.q.async.size=0, executor.q.client.size=0, executor.q.operation.size=0, executor.q.query.size=0, executor.q.scheduled.size=0, executor.q.io.size=0, executor.q.system.size=0, executor.q.operation.size=0, executor.q.priorityOperation.size=0, executor.q.response.size=0, operations.remote.size=0, operations.running.size=0, proxy.count=89, clientEndpoint.count=0, connection.active.count=1, connection.count=1​

• 4.  RE: PAM Disk Usage High

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2020 05:34 PM
    Jorghy

I do not know many that are using the Remote Engineer log tool. It could use some additional features to make it more useful in my view. I believe the INFO message you are seeing may have to do with the specific Cluster Manager service which uses port 5900.. I believe in 3.2 and below it may be limited to 1.2 gig of RAM ... and in this case it still has 200meg free.. Are you simply poking around the product  or are you seeing a problem and trying to troubleshoot it?

Joe

• 5.  RE: PAM Disk Usage High

Posted Apr 05, 2020 10:59 PM
    I do have a problem with my current PAM, but i don't know whether this have anything to do with it. I post the question simply to clarify some things.

• 6.  RE: PAM Disk Usage High

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 08:06 AM
    Can you elaborate on the issue you are seeing and maybe we can point you to the proper answer?

• 7.  RE: PAM Disk Usage High

Posted Apr 13, 2020 05:22 AM
    Nevermind, after consulting with support, we decided to upgrade PAM to v3.2.3 around this week. Hopefully it fix the problems i seeing in my PAM.