Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Discover and Manage Scheduled Tasks

Posted Aug 16, 2019 11:48 AM
    I'm working with a customer in a PAM v3.3 environment. 

We have a use case to discovery AD  accounts running services and schedule tasks on target windows servers. 

We have configured the windows proxy on one server. On another windows server, we have configured a service and a scheduled task with the "Log On As" set to an AD account. 

We configured using the following doc: 
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-privileged-access-manager/3-3/EN/implementing/protect-privileged-account-credentials/add-target-accounts-to-target-applications/discover-active-directory-services-and-scheduled-tasks

We are able to discover and manage the service with out issue. 

Our issue is specifically when trying to discover tasks. We are unable to discover the tasks or manage it (even if entered manually). 

From the catalina logs we see: 

SERVER: ListDiscoveredTasksCmd.invoke application exception........Error returned by Agent

From the proxy logs, we see: 

999-Invalid_operation

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Michael Pass

• 2.  RE: Discover and Manage Scheduled Tasks

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2019 03:10 PM
    What accounts are configured for the tasks?  To what groups does the user configured for the proxy belong?  It appears to be some sort of permissions issue.  I suggest you create a Support ticket and upload screen captures of the various pieces of information; Proxy configuration, Proxy user groups, Scheduled Task.  Also include the Proxy logs.  I would suggest setting the Proxy configuration to specify Info for the log level.

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Discover and Manage Scheduled Tasks
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 26, 2019 11:10 AM
    Hi Ed,

We opened a ticket with support and it was determined to be a reproducible issue. 

Thanks,

Michael Pass