Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  HOW TO: Request a License For CA PAM 3.x

Posted Mar 23, 2020 06:26 PM
    Edited by Sebastiano Alighieri Mar 23, 2020 06:53 PM
    In the past we would submit a Customer Care form.

What is the process these days?

Broadcom's Enterprise Software Licensing page doesn't seem to be the right place to submit the request
    https://support.broadcom.com/enterprise-software/licensing.html

@Edward Vogel had written a document once for the CA Process;  Do we have an updated version for Broadcom?

thanks in advance.
    Sebastiano ​

------------------------------
    Services Architect
    HCL Technologies Ltd

• 2.  RE: HOW TO: Request a License For CA PAM 3.x
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2020 07:25 PM
    The process to request a license is to open a ticket with the Global Customer Assistance(GCA) team.  Download the Sysinfo from each PAM instance for which you want a license, and provide the values required.  If the new nodes are to be part of an existing cluster download the sysinfo from one of the existing members.  Bear in mind that if your original systems were licensed a long time ago you may need new licenses for those systems too.  At some point, the default setting for the various licensing values were changed.  As a result, the older systems may not match the new licenses, which could prevent the cluster from starting.  If the ticket is opened in the PAM queue we will clone it to the GCA queue, move the files over and close the original ticket.  This will cause delay and possibly more if errors are made.

Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: HOW TO: Request a License For CA PAM 3.x

Posted Mar 24, 2020 10:37 AM
      |   view attached
    Thanks @Edward Vogel - I've put together a document, not sure it's 100% accurate... but it worked for me. hopefully it's helpful to others.

can you review and advise where corrections need to be made, if any?

thanks​​

Services Architect
    HCL Technologies Ltd

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: HOW TO: Request a License For CA PAM 3.x

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2020 07:31 PM
    The KB I am aware of from Ed is https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=182903, and it's definitely a Broadcom version.

• 5.  RE: HOW TO: Request a License For CA PAM 3.x

Posted Mar 24, 2020 10:32 AM
    Thanks @Ralf Prigl - I was referring to something a bit more descriptive, with details. such as
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=106dda75-47de-411f-be1f-2a39e64cda19&CommunityKey=3e91a086-c7b2-4bd0-9f8d-3493ed834111&tab=librarydocuments
    ​​​

Services Architect
    HCL Technologies Ltd