Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  RDP Transparent Login MSSQL script fails after upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.4

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2020 12:41 PM

Dears,
    I am in the process of upgrading my demo environment to 3.4 and as the upgrade finished I was not able to correctly execute the MSSQL TL script.
    It is a demo, running smmothly in 3.2.2, now this happened and - even worse - the Debug mode doesn't work at all. The debug window opens, and remains stuck after the syntax check.

As far as I know, it was a known issue in 3.3.1 and should have been solved in 3.3.2 and 3.4.
    I have the extreme strategy to go back to 3.2.2 snapshot, but I need to demo the new features (PAM Agent).

Any of you guys experienced same/similar issues? Can you try to reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
    Dario

• 2.  RE: RDP Transparent Login MSSQL script fails after upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.4

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2020 08:38 AM
    Hello Dario,

Did you check the script in 3.4 debug mode and find any problems?

Thanks,
    Reatesh.

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: RDP Transparent Login MSSQL script fails after upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.4
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2020 10:32 AM
    Hi Reatesh,
    I fixed the issue for the script but it is not working as before. For example, if you disconnect from the SQL DB and you try to reconnect the credentials are not injected anymore.
    In addition I was forced to modify the script to make it work, so I guess the script processor has been changed as well.

Thanks for your answer
    Dario

• 4.  RE: RDP Transparent Login MSSQL script fails after upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.4

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2020 12:45 PM
    Hi Dario,

Did you have to redo a major of the script?

How about the out-of-box scripts?

Thanks,
    Reatesh.

Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom