Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Remedy Service Desk integration

Posted Jul 30, 2019 03:51 PM
    Edited by Jeremy Joy Jul 30, 2019 03:53 PM
    We are currently attempting to implement a PVP requiring a Remedy incident to be entered. After importing the required .jar files and configuring the target application and PVP an error "Could not log into Remedy server" is displayed. The Tomcat logs indicate 

SEVERE: Unable to validate '12417856717922' service desk configuration. Error Code = 500, jsonResponse = {"Error":{"ErrorCode":151,"ErrorMessage":"Please check the configuration for BMC Remedy ITSM(12417856717922)","HTTPResponseCode":"BAD_REQUEST","HTTPResponseCodeValue":500}}

The credentials I have entered are that of a domain account which has access to read Remedy incidents. Are there further specifications for the Remedy accounts level of access, or is it possibly required to use a local account vs a domain account?

Thanks in advance,
    Jeremy

• 2.  RE: Remedy Service Desk integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2019 11:49 AM
    Hi Jeremy.

When I've tested this in the past I have used local Service Desk accounts.  I would have to check this in our test environment.  That will take some time, as I don't know if our Service Desk server is currently configured for domain accounts.

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Remedy Service Desk integration

Posted Aug 26, 2019 11:13 AM
    We've checked the Remedy server and did not find any logs showing a failed logon attempt. What is the default port used for this communication (we may need to open a firewall between the PAM appliance and Remedy server).

Thanks,
    Jeremy