Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to see sftpftp on the access tab and share the files onto the linux server

Posted Mar 30, 2020 01:36 PM
    Hello All,

I'm new to CA PAM. I've added sftpftp service (Device --> Manage Device --> Myserver--> Under services tab) to the Linux server to transfer files from my machine to the Linux server. After saving it, when I go to access tab I don't see anything to share the files into the linux. Any help will be appreciated 

Regards,
    Manohar

• 2.  RE: Unable to see sftpftp on the access tab and share the files onto the linux server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 05:59 PM
    Hello Manohar, Adding a service to a device only means that this service is available on the device for selection in an access policy. In order for a PAM user to use the service, you have to define it in the policy between the user (group) and the device (group).

• 3.  RE: Unable to see sftpftp on the access tab and share the files onto the linux server

Posted Mar 31, 2020 03:52 PM

Thanks Ralf for the reply. I mapped a policy to the user and device and now I'm getting this window. Do you want me to install WinSCP and connect to the IP that is displayed on the banner. Please let me know 

• 4.  RE: Unable to see sftpftp on the access tab and share the files onto the linux server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2020 12:29 AM
    Hello Manohar,

You can do it, copy over the IP into Winscp.

Do also share the version of CA PAM that you are using?

Thanks,
    Reatesh.

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Unable to see sftpftp on the access tab and share the files onto the linux server

Posted Apr 01, 2020 11:02 AM
    Thanks Restesh.  Currently we are using the CA PAM 3.3.1.203 version. 

• 6.  RE: Unable to see sftpftp on the access tab and share the files onto the linux server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2020 10:31 AM
    Hello Manoahr, Yes, the sftpftp and sftpsftp services are to be used with an external file transfer client. The sftpftpemb and sftpsftpemb services would launch the file transfer client that PAM includes.