Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  RDP Application: ADUC on Domain Controller not launching

Posted Jun 28, 2020 03:26 PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to configure an RDP service to run Active directory User and Computers. 

The Configured Launch Path is: %SystemRoot%\System32\dsa.msc.  The RDP application is configured as a Policy Service with a domain account credential.  However, the behavior of launching the RDP application is just to start a regular RDP session to the target host.

I was able to successfully create an RDP application to launch MS SQL Server Management Studio on a different device (not domain controller).

I reviewed the documentation for my current version 3.3.2 and I cannot find anything which outlines any limitations of RDP application on domain controller.

As such, I am checking in with the community to understand if there is something I am missing.

Thanks

Chris

• 2.  RE: RDP Application: ADUC on Domain Controller not launching

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2020 05:02 AM
    Hi Chris
    I may be wrong, but I am not aware of any limitation PAM has with respect to launching one or other application. Have you tried to use RDP Web Access to launch the published application ?
    You can also try to launch it on starting RDP (programs tab), but depending on your OS version that will be disabled

• 3.  RE: RDP Application: ADUC on Domain Controller not launching

Posted Jul 01, 2020 10:04 AM
    I created a RDP Application for the Windows Calculator

On a Non-domain controller, the RDP application works:

However, on a domain controller, it just logs into a Windows session aka RDP Access Method.

So, there is something different going on - just not sure what it is.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris