Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Any sample java code for CSPM URI

Posted Nov 26, 2019 08:10 AM
    We would like to administer CAPAM via External API and build custom applications in Java.
    The API docs only have .php examples.
    Can you please share any sample Java/REST examples that we could refer? Or Any sample java code where CSPM URI is used to perform day to day activities.

• 2.  RE: Any sample java code for CSPM URI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2019 11:35 AM
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager/3-3-1/programming/credential-manager-remote-cli-and-java-api/use-the-credential-manager-java-api/credential-manager-java-api-example.html

• 3.  RE: Any sample java code for CSPM URI

Posted Nov 26, 2019 02:17 PM
    Hi Ralf

This example is basic but very interesting, i was worked over this example and obtain some advances, but i am blocked when the target application is windows proxy type. How i can set the value of the proxy and how i can set the account type(local or domain)?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Any sample java code for CSPM URI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2019 04:29 PM
    Julian,

Any time I am working with the CLI, I find it useful to manually create an object that matches my objective then use the CLI to export that object and see what properties are set on it. 

There are often properties that you only specify when you create an object of a particular type... for example to set the PAM proxy for a target application of "TargetApplication.type" = "windows" you have to specify the "Attribute.agentId" equal to an array of Proxy ID's.  However Attribute.agentId may not be used for other types of target application (so it's not documented).

I hope that helps.

• 5.  RE: Any sample java code for CSPM URI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2019 04:47 PM
    It's not true that attributes are not documented. They are documented under each target application. E.g. for the Windows Proxy target application you will find application specific attributes documented on page https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager/3-3-1/implementing/protect-privileged-account-credentials/identify-target-applications-and-connectors/add-a-windows-proxy-connector/windows-proxy-target-connector-cli-configuration.html