Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  cmdName=searchTargetAccount gives PAM-CM-0536 on PAM 3.3.2

Posted Jul 16, 2020 03:41 PM
    ​Hi,

I am getting below error on capam_command -n 'LB.statestr.com' -u 'inventory' -p 'XXXXXXXXXXXX' cmdName=searchTargetAccount
    The same works if I add one more filter TargetAccount.userName=ajsdklfj

PAM version is 3.3.2 and this was working till last week and not sure what setting is changed. Please help.
    <CommandResult><cr.itemNumber>0</cr.itemNumber><cr.statusCode>1</cr.statusCode><cr.statusDescription>PAM-CM-0536: Application error occurred. An error occurred while executing the command: searchTargetAccount</cr.statusDescription><cr.result></cr.result></CommandResult>

• 2.  RE: cmdName=searchTargetAccount gives PAM-CM-0536 on PAM 3.3.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2020 12:40 PM
    Hi Guru, Was there an increase in the number of target accounts. One possibility is that the tomcat services ran out of memory while compiling the list. I believe your PAM servers run with less than the recommended amount of RAM and you are working on increasing that, which would remove the OOM condition as possible culprit. If needed, open a support case for detailed review.

• 3.  RE: cmdName=searchTargetAccount gives PAM-CM-0536 on PAM 3.3.2

Posted Aug 03, 2020 06:02 AM
    Edited by Gurumurthy Yadurappa Aug 03, 2020 06:04 AM

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for looking in to this.

No changes made on the appliance as such and no bulk addition of target accounts.

This looks to be same issue like we had after upgrade of PAM to 3.3 old case #20031849.

When I use cmdName=searchTargetAccount along with any "TargetApplication.type" other than Generic it works. It gives me error only when I run this against TargetApplication.type=Generic.

I have logged a new case on this with case# 32127072

Thanks and Regards,

Guru