Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Control Viewer in learn tool cannot recognize window title for Check Point SmartDomain Manager application

• 1.  Control Viewer in learn tool cannot recognize window title for Check Point SmartDomain Manager application

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2019 01:38 AM
    Customer try to setup transparent login for application named "Check Point SmartDomain Manager". When using Control Viewer to identify elements windows tile is empty when move mouse over to application, other elements are recognized correctly. Below is the screenshot.

window title empty
    I Tested with other application "Check Point SmartDashboard" Control Viewer is able to identify window title. So I am guessing it has something to do with application itself not Control Viewer. Just want to know if there is any other workaround to mitigate this window title empty situation.

• 2.  RE: Control Viewer in learn tool cannot recognize window title for Check Point SmartDomain Manager application
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2019 09:50 PM
    I have not seen the Control Viewer be unable to capture the Window Title, though I have seen it capture something different than appears in the program window itself.  For example, If you go to PAM's login page in IE, the title on the page will be "CA Privileged Access Manager".  If you drag the Browse Tool cursor over to that window the title will show as "CA Privileged Access Manager - Internet Explorer",  It appears to me that there is something about this page that is causing the the problem.  At this point in time, I do not believe there is any logging available that would allow us to easily troubleshoot this problem.  We have requested such a feature, but it is not available yet.  I will check if there is anything we can try n the meantime.  I have seen some other transparent login issues for which the solution was to use a different login page.  That will obviously depend on the application offering such a page.  You should check if SmartDomain Manager offers such a page, and see if using it will make a difference.

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Control Viewer in learn tool cannot recognize window title for Check Point SmartDomain Manager application

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2019 10:08 PM
    Hello Ed,

Thanks for the input. I tested other check point applications some of them are working others are not, seems it depends on how these pages are made.Guess there is nothing we can do about it at this stage.

BR
    Jerry