Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  PAM 3.3.1. ConnectionFailed "Undefined Resource" RDP access Error

Posted Jan 24, 2020 12:02 PM
    Hi community

The error "ConnectionFailed" Undefined Resource"is presented when trying to access via RDP on some Windows servers. This is presented even though the account is correctly synchronized. Any ideas about it?

------------------------------
    Julian Riaño
    MSL

• 2.  RE: PAM 3.3.1. ConnectionFailed "Undefined Resource" RDP access Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2020 02:52 PM
    I found KB article 130100, for this message.  The article suggested closing the PAM client, reconnecting and logging back in.  If you still have the problem please open a ticket.  You should set the logging to debug first.
    For the PAM client:
    Create a file named log.user.properties in the folder where the PAM Client is installed.  Restart the client completely.  Duplicate the problem and download all the files that start with logs.log.  Delete the log.user.properties file and restart the PAM Client to return the log level to normal.

For a browser
    Make sure that the Java configuration specify Show Console on the Advanced tab.  Login to PAM and go the the Java Console window that opens.  Press the 5 key to set the log level to the maximum.  Duplicate the problem and capture the contents of the Java Console window.

Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: PAM 3.3.1. ConnectionFailed "Undefined Resource" RDP access Error
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 28, 2020 04:49 PM
    Hi Edward

I have performed the procedure that you indicate and failed again. As you suggest I have opened a support case with factory.

Thanks for your reply