Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Kind of License and How I can select from them?

Posted May 06, 2021 09:28 PM
    I am using CA PAM. I need to buy license as new because we were using free license provided previously from CA Japan. I need to limit license what we are using only but I can't check which license we should select. And I can't find any page of all licenses of the CA PAM.
    Anyone, could you please advise how I can check and select licenses?
    I have send my license file downloaded from PAM Client to Broadcom but they could not find which license should be bought.
    Thank you for your kind help.

------------------------------
    Kazuhisa Takazawa
    MP Support Dept.
    IIM Corporation

• 2.  RE: Kind of License and How I can select from them?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2021 11:30 PM
    Hello, If you don't have a contract for PAM, you won't get a license. If you have a contract, it should spell out what license you are entitled to. KB https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=195856 explains how to submit a license request, but again that requires that you have a valid contract that is not expired yet.

• 3.  RE: Kind of License and How I can select from them?

Posted May 07, 2021 12:12 AM
    Thank you, Ralf-san,
    Because we have been using free license we don't have contract. And we are requesting new contact to Broadcom now. In this case we need to request what license we need to buy. But I don't have any information about kind of license for the CA PAM.
    I have sent my system file to Broadcom thorough Marubun who is a distributor in Japan, but answer was "they could not find any information from the file.". Should I create a case by my system file ??

Kazuhisa Takazawa
    MP Support Dept.
    IIM Corporation