Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Potential Hardware Issue - NIC Cards

Posted Jul 06, 2019 07:25 AM
    Edited by S3curity Guy Jul 06, 2019 07:48 AM
    Hello

Is there any way to see the status of the NIC cards? We look to have lost connectivity on 2 NICs but can't see anywhere to check the status via the PAM itself.

Restarting networking only shows 2 GB connections coming up and going down instead of the 6 that are physically plugged in.

Also within the logs I can see following a reboot by the username __xcd_local__ with a transaction of hardware alert, that GB1 & GB2 have come up but GB3 to GB7 has come down

I can't raise a support case as apparently I don't have a project code....

Any help would be great.

M

• 2.  RE: Potential Hardware Issue - NIC Cards
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 01:22 AM

Hello M,

Although not knowing for sure, I would assume there are status LEDs at the NIC's socket indicating if there is a link anyway.

From what I understand you have other NICs still working and connected to the same network?

In this case try to swap cables and see if this makes any changes

You should also get relevant information via SNMP, e.g. ifOperStatus

OID        .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8

MIB       IF-MIB

Syntax  INTEGER {up(1), down(2),testing(3), unknown(4), dormant(5),notPresent(6), lowerLayerDown(7) }

Anyway, as long as the appliance is under warranty you should be able to raise a Support Case.

Please call us on any of these numbers listed here https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html and my colleagues will follow up accordingly.

Best Regards

Andreas