Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Openshift Container Platform Web Portal Auto Login

Posted Dec 03, 2019 11:18 PM
    CA PAM v3.2.6

Do PAM support auto login for web portal to Redhat Openshift Container Platform? In my environment, PAM failed to auto login and ended as timeout. I've tested the credential and it's working when login manually from PAM. Below are the screenshot of my configuration:

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Jorghy M.
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Openshift Container Platform Web Portal Auto Login

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2019 01:33 AM
    Jorghy,

I have no experience with that particular web app, however I just wanted to confirm that you did perform the "learn" process before trying to connect?

Also, you may need to put the full url rather than just ".../console/".  If you open that url in a browser and url changes, use that new url .  PAM can be sensitive to automatic redirection.

• 3.  RE: Openshift Container Platform Web Portal Auto Login

Posted Dec 04, 2019 02:51 AM
    I've already setup the learn process for username, password and submit button and still didn't worked. The full URL is always changing and consist of random characters, which i also try and failed.

• 4.  RE: Openshift Container Platform Web Portal Auto Login

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2019 04:24 PM
    That is probably the problem.

The PAM login script is waiting for the page that it saw during "learn" to load... if it never sees that URL, it never tries to login.

I would consult with the vendor and see if there is a static login page url that you can use.

Someone with a bit more experience with web portals may have the knowledge to manipulate the learn script such that it will work... I'm not sure if that is even possible, but I think that is what would need to happen for it to work with a login page that doesn't have a consistent url.

• 5.  RE: Openshift Container Platform Web Portal Auto Login
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 04, 2019 11:50 PM
    OK, i figured out the problem. One of the server have wrong credential also i removed the "/console" from the URL. Now it works. In any case, thanks for your reply.

• 6.  RE: Openshift Container Platform Web Portal Auto Login

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2019 11:05 PM
    Happy to hear you figured it out.