Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CAPAM is not recognizing the powershell scripts with actual script name

Posted May 23, 2021 07:21 PM
    Hi All,

While trying to fetch password from CAPAM using powershell scripts, it is failed with 409 and  the request is logged with a different script name rather than the actual script name "powershell.exe" in the credential manager activities. Has anyone come across this scenario or any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: CAPAM is not recognizing the powershell scripts with actual script name

Posted May 24, 2021 07:48 AM
    I haven't seen that error but if your the PAM admin create an API key for your scripting. I found that works better and we use all PowerShell scripts.

------------------------------
    Lead Information Security Analyst
    United Parcel Service
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: CAPAM is not recognizing the powershell scripts with actual script name

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2021 09:30 AM
    I was never able to get A2A working when running powershell from within the Powershell ISE.  Try running your script from the commandline "powershell scriptname.ps" or just "./scriptname.ps".

Not sure if thats the issue your having?

• 4.  RE: CAPAM is not recognizing the powershell scripts with actual script name

Posted May 24, 2021 12:59 PM
    Thanks for replying.

So it works when there is a mapping between target group and the client. But, we need the mapping to be between target group and request group.
    For running as above, the script to be registered as scriptname.ps or cmd.exe ? Somehow the script name that shows up in credential activities is no way similar to the actual script name. However I will try to check this out with both script names and let you know.