Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  PAM 3.2.5 - Office365 integration

Posted Jan 27, 2020 08:20 AM
    Good day,

I would like to configure Office365 with PAM 3.2.5 but I have some problems.

Once inserted all the information requested for the integration, I received a "connect time out" error when I tried to test the connection with the PING button.
    At the beginning I though about ports problem but checking the Tomcat log I received the following error:

Jan 27, 2020 11:15:22 AM com.ca.pam.rest.Office365Service ping
    SEVERE: Call to Gatekeeper service controller failed: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
    Jan 27, 2020 11:15:22 AM com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse logException
    FINE: Mapped exception to response: 400 (Bad Request)

My questions are:

- Since the error that I received is a Bad Request, there are a way to check which type of request PAM send? Or do you have some suggestion regarding the troubleshooting?

- There are a list of ports to be open for the integration? Or must be open only the ports (e.g. the default 443) of Security Token Service (STS) Endpoint and Microsoft Online Portal?

- There are some example (document, article, video, etc.) regarding the O365 integration with PAM?
    In the community I found a thread with a link but is not active anymore:

https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=780007

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Andrea Gimmelli

• 2.  RE: PAM 3.2.5 - Office365 integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2020 02:11 PM
    Hello Andrea, Yes, there is not much documentation for this feature. The Ping tries to connect to the configured Endpoint URL and Portal URL. It just trying a connect on a java.net.HttpURLConnection object. Your URLs would either include a port, or use implicit ports, HTTP=80 or HTTPS=443. You can use the Configuration > Tools page to check connectivity.

• 3.  RE: PAM 3.2.5 - Office365 integration

Posted Jan 31, 2020 03:30 AM
    Hello Ralf,
    Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate that.

Just last question, since the log's output send me a "400 - bad request" I suppose that the port are open (but I will double check it) but the message that it send during the PING it's not correct.
    I don't know if the problem can be generated by the context data configured,

Is there any way to see the request that PAM sends?

Regards,
    Andrea Gimmelli

• 4.  RE: PAM 3.2.5 - Office365 integration

Posted Feb 20, 2020 09:55 AM
    Hi Ralf

I need to design a work plan to integrate office365, unfortunately there is not much documentation about it and I cannot understand how I synchronize a privileged account to access the administration of office365.

I would like to know if there is a document or article regarding what steps to take after configuring the required data in the Configuration / 3rd Party / Microsoft Office option.

• Do I have to create a specific target application for Office365 or which one is it used for?

• Should I create a TCP / UDP service for access or can I use the service named as MS Office 365?

• The MS Office 365 service to which EndPoint should be assigned for use?

Can someone give me instructions or references on how to integrate office365?

Thanks