Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Support for Cisco IOS XE 3.06

Posted Oct 29, 2019 08:12 AM
    Hi,
    I have a Cisco Switch 6509 series with IOS XE 3.06 (equivalent to IOS 15.2 x I suppose) which I need to onboard onto PAM 3.2.6 or 3.3. I'm unable to synchronize password in 3.2.6 which in turn means I can't configure transparent login access. Getting the error: "PAM-CM-1341: Failed to establish a communications channel to the remote host."
    However, I able to login to the device with password (keying in the password manually) using the SSH service in PAM 3.2.6.
    I have also verified that the credentials that is being used is correct.
    Has anyone faced this issue?

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards,
    SK

• 2.  RE: Support for Cisco IOS XE 3.06
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2019 02:23 PM
    Hello SK, I did not find another report of this problem. I assume you use a Cisco target application with the "IOS 12.4 or higher" checkbox checked. If you can't get it resolved, please open a support case. We would want a tomcat log at log level INFO: Go to Configuration > Diagnostics > Diagnostic Logs, change the Tomcat Log Level to Info, hit the SUBMIT button below, wait at least 30 seconds, reproduce the problem and then go back to the Diagnostic Logs page, download the tomcat log (catalina.out) and attach to the case. If this is a test environment, you may want to leave the tomcat log level at Info for a while, otherwise you should set it back to what it was.

• 3.  RE: Support for Cisco IOS XE 3.06

Posted Oct 31, 2019 01:12 AM
    Thanks Ralf. Will do.

SK

• 4.  RE: Support for Cisco IOS XE 3.06

Posted Nov 05, 2019 12:55 AM
    Hi Ralf, This issue was with the SSH version used on this endpoint. After upgrading the SSH version to 2, this issue got resolved.

Thanks & Regards,
    Client Partner
    KyndleIT Consulting