Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Working with API to query Password View Request Summary

Posted Jun 04, 2020 12:12 AM
    Hello,

I've been learning about CA PAM API Doc, and my goal is to integrate CA PAM with Workforce.
    the workflow would be:
    1. users request password view for auto connect
    2. workforce query the pending request from CA PAM
    3. workforce make a request form by CA PAM data
    4. after the request at workforce been approved by corresponding department
    5. then workforce will approved the pending request at CA PAM

my  question is,
    is there any way to get more info from the API query "Gets all password view request" ?
    because at the workforce we also need the information of Device Name and IP Address.

API Doc Gets all password view request
    Response Body
    {
    "id": 4445001,
    "status": "Pending",
    "reason": "Severity 1: Manual recovery from server outage",
    "accountID": "91420",
    "approverID": null,
    "approverName": null,
    "reasonDescription": "",
    "requestorID": "261802",
    "requestorName": "v_vsa_varma_x@example.com"
    }

or maybe can we get the same info as "My Approvals" at the PAM GUI?

CA PAM v.3.3.2.99

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Dhani

• 2.  RE: Working with API to query Password View Request Summary
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2020 11:32 AM

Unfortunately, I fear that you would need to submit an Ideation to get this API updated to include additional information, and there are no guarantees this will happen.

However the CLI (aka credential management API) may get you more information than the PAM rest API offers.  See this link for an example of using the CLI directly (without the commandline executable): 

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=e936494d-021f-43f4-8540-aaa6f2e7b57b&CommunityKey=3e91a086-c7b2-4bd0-9f8d-3493ed834111&tab=digestviewer#bme936494d-021f-43f4-8540-aaa6f2e7b57b

This link is the command that you will likely need to use to get what your looking for (I didn't test, and there are other relevant commands):

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager/3-3-2/programming/credential-manager-remote-cli-and-java-api/credential-manager-cli-commands/listpasswordviewrequestbyaccount.html