Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  PAM 3.3 Release Date? Still include html5 support?

Posted Mar 12, 2019 04:21 AM

Morning

After seeing a thread on there about support for html5 being included as part of the PAM 3.3 release just wondered if anyone knew if that was still the case and if there was any news about the release dates for 3.3?!

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: PAM 3.3 Release Date? Still include html5 support?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 04:50 AM

Hello Marcus,

HTML 5 is still ion the roadmap for future releases of PAM - tentatively it will become available in CA PAM 3.4 - which is planned for end of this year or beginning next year.

PAM 3.3 will be available end of May or June, tentatively.

• 3.  Re: PAM 3.3 Release Date? Still include html5 support?

Posted Mar 12, 2019 05:04 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! Just wanted to check!

• 4.  RE: Re: PAM 3.3 Release Date? Still include html5 support?

Posted Mar 27, 2020 10:26 AM
    Hi,

May I know when will be the release date for CA PAM version 3.4? And if CA PAM version 3.4 will support HTML 5?

Thank you!

• 5.  RE: Re: PAM 3.3 Release Date? Still include html5 support?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2020 02:12 PM
    Han

The actual release date will be announced soon. Please sign up for proactive notifications so you can be informed when it is available (see below).. I have confirmed that HTML5 support will not be in this release but as a java-less option they have enhanced the CA PAM Agent to be able to be used with Microsoft's MSTSC.exe. So launching your native RDP application can use the Agent and not rely on the CA PAM Client and the Java applet. Please wait for the release notes for further information on the configuration steps.

https://support.broadcom.com/user/notifications.html

Joe

• 6.  RE: Re: PAM 3.3 Release Date? Still include html5 support?

Posted Mar 30, 2020 05:11 AM
    Is such a shame that HTML5 support isn't in the release, the delivery and management of the client is a massive overhead for us due to the Java versions that are being used on the end devices we have no choice but to use the client :(

• 7.  RE: Re: PAM 3.3 Release Date? Still include html5 support?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 08:08 AM
    I believe there is a good reason for delaying HTML5 support.  Have you tested with the existing "agent"? It does offer some advantages over the client and when 3.4 is released I believe more PAM users will want to use this even just for native MSTSC support.