Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Enhancement Request on logging

Posted Feb 28, 2019 03:19 AM

I performed password view policies, request and approve the credential. I checked the Sessions > Logs, there is no related log record and no specific log that record request and approve the event. I can check related information via workflow requests only, i.e. Credentials > Workflow > All Requests. Thus, I would like to raise an enhancement request on logging the request and approve event at PAM.

• 2.  Re: Enhancement Request on logging
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2019 11:04 AM

Hello Tony,

Enhancement Requests are added as 'Ideas' on the Communities page; however, your question is answered by the following communities question:

CAPAM Workflow approval logs are not viewing. 

Please see Ralf's answer given there.

Regards,

Margaret

• 3.  Re: Enhancement Request on logging

Posted Mar 04, 2019 11:08 PM

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your information. At my customer environment, there is Syslog forwarding at PAM and Syslog software will trigger the further alert by policy. As now there is no related workflow request/approve log at PAM and so no Syslog forwarded, we cannot trace the alert. Thus, I appreciate if CA will consider adding these logs to the session log as Enhancement Requests. Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Enhancement Request on logging

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 01:44 PM

Hello Tony,

Enhancement Requests are added as Ideas in Communities. The Ideas added by customers have priority.

Once you are logged in to Communities, either Browse - Content and click on Ideas, or click the pencil icon on the top right just to the left of the search magnifying glass and choose Idea from the drop-down.

This puts your enhancement request on the community website that other customers can see as well as Product Management. Other customers can vote on your idea which can move the request forward faster towards becoming part of the product.

Thanks,

Margaret