Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to do RDP/SSH session from my computer. but with same credentials able to do RDP/SSH from another laptop

Posted May 21, 2018 05:23 AM

Hi,

From my computer, using PAM, I am unable to connect to target servers (RDP/SSH). But with the same PAM userid/password, I tried to login to PAM from my colleagues laptop, RDP and SSH session works.

This behaviour is the same when I use IE/Chrome or Windows client. I get the below error message.

Its strange. I have tried uninstalling PAM client, restart my computer, install latest java (or whichever is supported by PAM 3.1.1.71), installed the PAM client again. But still the same issue. Kindly help. I believe the same issue might occur for the end users. So I want to know what was the issue and how can it be resolved.

================================

Error type: RdpException.
    Error message: Connection refused when trying to connect to 127.0.0.200 on port 52357.

Stack trace:
    com.ca.xsuite.app.rdp3.client.handler.TCPStreamHandler.connect(Unknown Source)
    com.ca.xsuite.app.rdp3.core.layer.ITULayer.connect(Unknown Source)
    com.ca.xsuite.app.rdp3.client.app.RDesktop.main(Unknown Source)
    com.ca.xsuite.launcher.a.n.run(Unknown Source)
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Cause:
    Error type: ConnectException.
    Error message: Connection timed out: connect.

Stack trace:
    sun.nio.ch.Net.connect0(Native Method)
    sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Unknown Source)
    sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Unknown Source)
    sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    com.ca.xsuite.app.rdp3.client.handler.TCPStreamHandler.connect(Unknown Source)
    com.ca.xsuite.app.rdp3.core.layer.ITULayer.connect(Unknown Source)
    com.ca.xsuite.app.rdp3.client.app.RDesktop.main(Unknown Source)
    com.ca.xsuite.launcher.a.n.run(Unknown Source)
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

================================

Thanks in advance.

dk

• 2.  Re: Unable to do RDP/SSH session from my computer. but with same credentials able to do RDP/SSH from another laptop

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2018 09:09 AM

Hi Dk, Most likely you have a local firewall or AV program running that blocks connections to local IPs like 127.0.0.200. PAM uses local IPs other than the loopback address 127.0.0.1 so as to not run into conflicts with other applications.

• 3.  RE: Re: Unable to do RDP/SSH session from my computer. but with same credentials able to do RDP/SSH from another laptop

Posted Jan 02, 2020 01:05 PM
    Hi Ralf,

We have the similar issue with loop back address while doing SSH. This is error message we are seeing

"Error connecting to 127.0.0,200,
    reason:
    -> Timeout "

SSH connection is working fine from CA PAM QA system where as from CA PAM production we are seeing above issue.

Any suggestions where to look for

Thanks
    Jay

• 4.  RE: Re: Unable to do RDP/SSH session from my computer. but with same credentials able to do RDP/SSH from another laptop

Posted Sep 22, 2021 12:11 AM
    Hi Jay

Is it resolved for you ?