Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Need document to onboard Oracle/SQL Database server Onboarding in CA PAM

Posted Jun 18, 2018 07:41 AM

Hi Team,

Can Someone please share the documents to onboard Oracle/SQL Database server Onboarding in CA PAM.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ashwini

• 2.  Re: Need document to onboard Oracle/SQL Database server Onboarding in CA PAM

Posted Jun 19, 2018 06:31 AM

Hi Ashwini,

Not sure if someone can provide you  ready to use document, because these are personalized and environment specific things. You can consider the below approach if you want to write your own document.

If you are looking to onboard Database servers oracle/Unix then it is quite simple, As per my understanding, the underlying server will either be Unix or Windows. So you should use the same approach as you would do for onboarding any windows server or Unix servers. Something which you should take is that how you are going to manage those servers in PAM, Is it automated or manual.

If you want to do it automated then you can user AD Security Groups to achieve that in case of Windows.For Unix either you can use manual device creation process or AD Security Group if Unix devices are joined in your domain(i have not used this personally ).

In case If you are looking how to manage Account of Oracle and SQL database then you may refer below links.

Oracle : Oracle Target Connector - CA Privileged Access Manager - 2.8.4.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

SQL : MSSQL Target Connector - CA Privileged Access Manager - 2.8.4.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Need document to onboard Oracle/SQL Database server Onboarding in CA PAM

Posted Jun 19, 2018 07:58 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Ashwini,

Here are some screenshots of Oracle Web config from v2.8x and I attached a doc the may assist you in configuring MS SQL.

Attachment(s)

• 4.  Re: Need document to onboard Oracle/SQL Database server Onboarding in CA PAM

Posted Jun 19, 2018 08:10 AM

Thanks for your reply.

This is useful for us:-)

• 5.  Re: Need document to onboard Oracle/SQL Database server Onboarding in CA PAM
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:39 AM

The complete URL in the Oracle Web TCP Service is: "http://<Local IP>:<First Port>/apex/f?p=4950:" That's for the configuration in my lab; the "page.html" that you configure may be a bit different. 

Christo

• 6.  Re: Need document to onboard Oracle/SQL Database server Onboarding in CA PAM

Posted Nov 22, 2018 06:50 AM

Do we have any separate process or document for DB2 onboarding ?

• 7.  Re: Need document to onboard Oracle/SQL Database server Onboarding in CA PAM

Posted Jun 19, 2018 08:09 AM

Thanks for your reply.

This is first time we are going to onboard Database servers, so I just wanted to know how it is different than Windows/Unix onboarding.