Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to enable SCP in 3.0.1+

Posted Dec 04, 2017 07:00 PM

hello

since i upgrade the ca pam from 2.8.3 to 3.0.1 (up to 3.0.2.1 now) , the ssh session does not have the scp plugin at all.

when i review the documentation at here Access Methods - CA Privileged Access Manager - 3.0.2 - CA Technologies Documentation  ,, same configuration as 2.8.x ,, but on the device ,, (no drop down menu as in the documentation) see it yourself 

what's wrong here ? what am i missing ? this check box does not enable the scp in the MidTerm ssh 

thanks

• 2.  Re: how to enable SCP in 3.0.1+
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 09:19 AM

Hello Wael,

I could not reproduce the issue you have reported in my lab on PAM 3.0.2. - the Plugins menu is available in the SSH-Mindterm applet and I can launch the SCP-Applet.

Can you try this procedure:

1. Go to Global Settings and disable the "SSH Terminal File transfer" option.
    2. Try to connect through ssh to a target
    3. Renable the "SSH Terminal File transfer" option again.
    4. Try to connect to a target again

Please also clear the PAM Client cache and the ControlPanel-Java/Browser cache should you use the Browser.

Best Regards,
    Andreas Müller
    CA Technologies Support

• 3.  Re: how to enable SCP in 3.0.1+

Posted Dec 08, 2017 04:24 PM

HI Andreas

I already try this un check and recheack this option again and try the connection after each step , nothing changed
    this happened couple appliances (once at client POC, other time at my lab when  i tried to simulate

0, the common thing between them that both are upgraded from 2.8.2 -> 2.8.3 -> 3.0 up to 3.0.2
    i haven't try this on directly a built appliance from 3.0

and about trying to run from browser, all my browsers fail to load the "access" applet , so usually i am using the client.

best regards

• 4.  Re: how to enable SCP in 3.0.1+

Posted Dec 10, 2017 04:36 PM

Hi Andreas
    you were right, it was just client issue from the serveral upgrade processes, i uninstall the client and then install the recent version (3.0.2) directly ,, everything was ok and the plugins menu appeared

thanks for your help