CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Remove Enterprise to New Domain

Posted Feb 24, 2020 03:16 PM
    Hello, I have used our current setup of ITCM for nearly 11 years how it is ​now...I was not the one who originally set it up either.

Just an overview of our network environment, I have the Enterprise, Domain Manager and SS in a very isolated network that our company wants to eliminate.  The only thing left on this domain is ITCM so I understand the want to shut things down.  I also have 4 other domain managers in other domains all talking to the Enterprise.

My question is this.   Can I move the Enterprise from one Domain to another?  Currently the Enterprise is a 2008 server that I would like to upgrade to 2016, but I wanted to wait until I had to move out of this old domain first.  I am not familiar with all of the tables and settings that would need changed to get this working like it should.  I would like to retain all of the reports and configurations that are on the Enterprise now since they are all linked to it.

Hopefully someone might know if this is possible.  I am thinking it is not, but I wanted to run it by the group.
    Thank you.
    Ryan

• 2.  RE: Remove Enterprise to New Domain

Posted May 21, 2020 01:53 AM
    ​Can anyone answer this?  What if I remove my Enterprise?  What will happen?
    I could rebuild an enterprise on a domain that will not be going away; I just need to know if my enterprise gets shut down, what happens?

• 3.  RE: Remove Enterprise to New Domain
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2020 08:45 AM

I Ryan,

Firstly install your new Enterprise Manager and Export/Import any SD Packages etc. you want from your old EM to the new one.

Then, one at a time, Unlink a Domain Manager and then link it to the new DM.

Keep in mind that the data replication is over the SQL ports so make sure both the New EM and old DM's have open ports.

Rgds,

Steve.