CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  dtscli file transfer failing

Posted May 21, 2021 10:21 AM
    Hi,

I'm setting up a new DM and trying to use dtscli for file transfer but getting checksum failure:

CLI0544 Transfer failed: E (393) The transfer request did not contain a valid checksum, role=Initiator (393).
    Transfer state: FAILED

What am I missing?

• 2.  RE: dtscli file transfer failing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2021 10:50 AM
    Hi Joakim,

R 14.5 has been upgraded to CAPKI 5.2.6. Please check the following limitations with the introduction of the latest OpenSSL.

Software delivery and DTSCLI in the following cases may throw Checksum errors If the source machine configured with FIPS ONLY mode.

•   R14.5 Enterprise manager (source) to legacy Domain manager (target)
    •   R14.5 Domain Manager (source  ) to legacy Scalability Server (target  ). 
    •   R14.5 Domain Manager (source) to legacy agent machines (target).

It is recommended to use FIPS preferred mode on the Source machines until all the target machines are upgraded to the same release level. 

Thanks,
    Rao

• 3.  RE: dtscli file transfer failing

Posted May 21, 2021 12:00 PM
    Hi Rao,

thanks, but FIPS mode is FIPS-preferred on both DM and clients. What can the problem be then?

Joakim

• 4.  RE: dtscli file transfer failing

Posted May 24, 2021 03:01 PM
    Hi,

FYI, I opened a support case, this is a 14.5 "feature" - dtscli is not backwards compatible, i.e. it works only when both sides are 14.5. In my case I was testing on a 14.5 DM towards a 14.03 agent which doesn't work.

Regards
    Joakim