CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to trigger Windows jobs based on output of UNIX jobs

Posted Aug 03, 2020 10:40 AM
    Hi,

I am looking for a solution with steps as how to trigger Windows jobs based on the output status of a UNIX job in Desktop client.

Unix job has a script which provides the status of a existence of file or not. It the file exists, then it has it trigger Windows jobs otherwise no action has to be done.

Thanks in Advance

------------------------------
    Uma

• 2.  RE: How to trigger Windows jobs based on output of UNIX jobs

Posted Aug 03, 2020 10:44 AM

Assuming this is posted to the correct forum – if your Unix script creates an entry in inventory for that machine, a query based policy can launch a script or command to take whatever action you want

Steve McCormick

• 3.  RE: How to trigger Windows jobs based on output of UNIX jobs

Posted Aug 03, 2020 12:43 PM
    Hi Team,

In the Unix script we can only create the output status. In the Unix job (in Unix Server A), how can that output status be setup and sent as input value so that it can trigger the refresh scripts in the Windows job (in Windows Server B). The servers A and B has no connectivity, hence through D-Series we wanted to handle. I'm using CA Workload Automation Desktop Client Version: 12.1.00.00

Thanks,
    Uma

• 4.  RE: How to trigger Windows jobs based on output of UNIX jobs
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 03, 2020 12:50 PM

This is why I said in my initial email 'Assuming this is posted to the correct forum', which apparently it is not. This forum is for CA Client Automation (otherwise knows as ITCM). It is not for Workload Automation.

FYI What you are trying to do would be very easy with ITCM/CA Client Automation.

Steve McCormick