CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a published database schema

Posted Apr 06, 2020 11:07 AM
    Hi

I have a team whoo want to use the inventory data collected by CA.
    They want to copy the data into there own existing database. So far I have been creating reports for the data they need using the reporter console and publishing it so it is saved in a table. As the data the team require is for multiple inventory items and some of the inventory items having more than one value it is creating multiple rows for each client. This is making it difficult for them to pull back the data they need. I have suggested that they build queries themselves to pull back the information directly from the inventory tables rather than using the table created by my published report however they need a schema to assit with this. 

Thanks in advance

Mike

------------------------------
    Customer Solution Architect
    Fujitsu
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Is there a published database schema

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2020 06:22 AM

Hi Mike,

The MDB schema was once published on the CA FTP site, but that has long gone now and only really have a list of all the tables and there properties.

I did find this in my archives if it's the kind of thing you were looking for?

Rgds,

Steve.

• 3.  RE: Is there a published database schema

Posted May 01, 2020 08:37 AM

At one point this was published to a physical CD (Unicenter Implementation CD) which was quite widely circulated. There's an outside possibility I may still have a copy. I will look. This will of course be quite ancient but I believe the ITCM tables will still be quite representative of the current schema.

Steve McCormick

• 4.  RE: Is there a published database schema
    Best Answer

Posted May 01, 2020 09:10 AM
    https://ftpdocs.broadcom.com/phpdocs/0/common/impcd/r11/MDBMain/schema/viewer/index.htm

• 5.  RE: Is there a published database schema

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2020 09:12 AM

Excellent! When I checked the FTP site it looked like it had been deleted ��

• 6.  RE: Is there a published database schema

Posted May 01, 2020 09:14 AM

Funny, I had found this 4 or 5 weeks ago but when I went looking for it again (should have bookmarked it) I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks Brian! Saved me a search through my old records.

Steve McCormick