CA Client Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

• 1.  Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

Posted Feb 14, 2020 10:37 AM
    ​Hi,

We are currently experiencing uses with software deliveries.

We are trying to install group of software using dependencies.

Our installation has 15 different step with occasional reboot that are required with the software to complete it's installation.

The reboot proceed has asked by CA, our Explorer indicates waiting for the reboot to launch the following software.

Once rebooted CA Software Delivery should start again to continue it's installation, but it simply doesn't.

Eventually CA fails the jobs with delay expired (After 7 days).

Is there a configuration that can be done to remote this problem?

This issue does not always happen, I would say it happens on an average of 20% on each installation attempts.

Thank You!
    Have a nice day!

Simon Brossard

• 2.  RE: Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

Posted Feb 14, 2020 10:46 AM

Hi Simon,

Is there any pattern you can tell, such as always the same agents failing? Perhaps agents with a different config policy?

Steve McCormick

• 3.  RE: Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:40 AM
    Hi,

Unfortunately no, we this installation every month to every computers​ we have and the problem does not seem to target specific computer.

It will not work a month and will requiert multiple attempt to install all the software, but the next will not occur.

We have 5 reboot in total, on a computer the problem will happen once, but on an another computer all 5 reboot will cause the problem.

All policies or configuration that are not by default will be controlled by the server and should be the same overall.

• 4.  RE: Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:47 AM

This will probably require inspecting logs to determine why the jobs are not running then. You should probably wait until the next time it occurs and collect the SD Agent logs from the Agents and the SD Server logs from the Scalability Servers. Make sure you grab the logs before they are over-written, or extend the number and size of the logs (on the SS) so they are not over-written.

Steve McCormick

• 5.  RE: Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

Posted Feb 14, 2020 01:01 PM
    Ok thank you for the response, the job will be sent every night this weekend, so monday morning I will extract 3 to 4 computer that shows the problem and provide you with logs of these machine as well as the Scalabilty Servers that manages them.

• 6.  RE: Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

Posted Feb 17, 2020 08:18 AM
    ​Hi,

Here are the requested logs for 2 computers that showed problems on reboot and the servers that managed them.

I give you my sincerest thanks in your assistance.

Thank You!
    Have a nice day!

• 7.  RE: Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

Posted Feb 17, 2020 12:08 PM
    Hi Simon,

I'm not seeing the attachments. Please double check.

Steve

• 8.  RE: Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

Posted Feb 17, 2020 12:16 PM
    ​Hi,

I did it too fast last time and didn't see it refuse the log extension so I zip them all.

Thank You!
    Have a nice day!

• 9.  RE: Installation jobs does not restart on reboot
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 17, 2020 01:20 PM
    Hi Simon,

Your description of the event is not quite accurate. In the case of both computers the next job does in fact start, and fails. This job failure then causes the remaining jobs not to run, presumably the job container is set to BATCH linkage which will cause all jobs subsequent to a failed job to be marked as failed.

As for the failures, they are both network errors:
    • Computer 1:
      • SmMessage::send failed: Rc:00033203, Error:SME_SPI_NETERROR, Desc:L'ordinateur distant n'est pas joignable : le service de messagerie homologue n'est pas en cours d'exécution ou des erreurs de réseau se sont produites.
        • Translates to: Desc: The remote computer cannot be reached: the peer messaging service is not running or network errors have occurred.
      • Failed to send to 10.141.77.26:SD_AGT_FT [0h]
      • Failed to send to 10.141.77.22:SD_AGT_FT [0h]
      • Failed to send to 10.141.76.129:SD_AGT_FT [0h]
      • Failed to send to 10.141.77.49:SD_AGT_FT [0h]
    • Computer 2:
      • SmMessage::send failed: Rc:00033203, Error:SME_SPI_NETERROR, Desc:L'ordinateur distant n'est pas joignable : le service de messagerie homologue n'est pas en cours d'exécution ou des erreurs de réseau se sont produites.
        • Translates to: Desc: The remote computer cannot be reached: the peer messaging service is not running or network errors have occurred.
      • Failed to send to 10.202.132.57:SD_AGT_FT [0h]
      • Failed to send to 10.202.132.184:SD_AGT_FT [0h]
    None of these addresses appear to be the SS. I don't know what your jobs are trying to do but it appears they may be trying to use the file transfer plugin to send files to other locations which are either not reachable or not operational. I suggest you look into why these jobs failed.

Regards
    Steve

• 10.  RE: Installation jobs does not restart on reboot

Posted Feb 17, 2020 01:28 PM
    ​Hi,

Yes the job is meant to fail once any of the components fails to install.

Our problem is that the job that is meant to start after the reboot is never received or executed, or maybe is started but the server never received a confirmation so everything else fails in response.

From what we can observe, the computer reboot, we log in a session afterward to see the progress, but nothing ever pop up.

In certain case we were able to force the install by doing CAF Restart, but not always.

Thank you!
    Have a nice day!