CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  OSIM: hostname is already defined

Posted Jun 24, 2020 06:17 AM
    An OSIM managed pc has been deleted from the system some months ago. Meanwhile the migration to 14.3 has taken place.
    Now a new pc has to be setup with the same name, but it can't be added to OSIM with the error "hostname is already defined". No object with this hostname is visible in the GUI.
    Indeed there is an csm object with this hostname visible in the csm_* tables. Somehow it has not been removed from there. Is there an easy way to repair (delete) this inconsistency ? I have checked winoffline, but havn't found something there.
    Regards
    Claus

• 2.  RE: OSIM: hostname is already defined

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2020 04:42 AM
    Hi Claus,

You can try deleting the entries related to the host from csm_* tables. In the table csm_object search for records with hostname matching the name column and search macaddr column equal to the Mac address of the machine from csm_property table. Delete these references from csm_object and csm_property tables. I think the search returns single record from two tables. If more records are returned, don't delete. Please take backup of the MDB before deleting any records. In case of any problem you can revert back the DB to earlier state.

Thanks
    Sai Srihari Rao

• 3.  RE: OSIM: hostname is already defined
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 26, 2020 03:11 AM
    csm_property for macaddr wasn't available. I have searched for the csm_object and then renamed the hostname in the corresponding csm_property value for name="value" to a "dummy" value.
    Then I could set up a new pc together with OSIM with the "old" hostname.