CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CCS and ITCA 14.0 SP2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 30, 2020 05:42 AM
    Hi Team,

We have ITCA 14.0 SP2 Installed on Windows 2016 + Remote MDB on Windows 2016, SQL Server 2016.

Customer wants to configure Continuous Discovery, so we may need to configure CCS.
    As per compatibility Matrix, CCS is not compatible with mdb on SQL Server 2014 or 2016.

what is the best approach in configuring CCS in this case?
    Do I need a separate SQL 2012 Server and install MDB + CCS on the other server?
    How it will work in this case?

Please if you can help me with some advises, any link or docs is much appreciated.

Regards,
    Pavel.

• 2.  RE: CCS and ITCA 14.0 SP2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2020 04:51 AM
    Hi Pavel,

Please try the following in a test environment.
    Install MDB in compatible mode so that all tables schema is available.
    Set the below environment variables.

CA_TURNOFF_SQLVERCHK = True
    CA_TURNOFF_SQLEDITIONCHK = True

Now run the itcm installer and select "install CCS" option and select the discovery components for installation. See if the installation goes fine. This method was checked for Event manager installation but not for discovery components. If it works fine, you can use this method in production. Don't perform these steps directly in a production environment.

Thanks
    Sai Srihari Rao

• 3.  RE: CCS and ITCA 14.0 SP2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2022 06:35 AM
    Hi Sai,

Can you please elaborate more details regarding the installation,
    Installation is done on MDB server or DM server?
    I have SQL 2016, is this version supported by CCS?
    My installation is hanging then failing after "Master KB Node" page click on Next.
    "Performing DNS SRV Record lookup..." message is displayed and after around 10 minutes Exception message is displayed, as per screenshot.
    TRC_Inst2_ITRM log doesn't contains any valuable logs, it shows CCS installation succeeded. 
    Any advise?

Regards,
    Pavel.

• 4.  RE: CCS and ITCA 14.0 SP2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 05:01 AM
    Hi Pavel,

Sometime back I installed event manager functionality with SQL server 2016. At that time I didn't test the scenario with Remote MDB. During my tests, I did the following on the same machine (DM and MDB on same machine)

1. Install DM by selecting MDB in compatibility mode with DB SQL 2016.
    2. Now setup the below environment variables.
      CA_TURNOFF_SQLVERCHK = True
      CA_TURNOFF_SQLEDITIONCHK = True
    You can set system level environment variables and run the setup by double clicking the setup.exe. Otherwise, open command prompt and set the above environment variables and run the setup from the same command prompt.
    3. Select "Install CCS" option.
    4. In the CCS options, select the required components (here i think discovery components) and follow the next screens.
    Leave the "Master KB node" field empty and it pops up with localhost values. Proceed with the next steps.

This method worked for event management installation and there were problems with worldview installation (it was not my requirement and hence not selected). I hope it works for discovery components too.
    You can try this on a single machine and if everything works, you can check with remote MDB. In the remote MDB scenario, you might need to provide nsmadmin credentials in the MDB install screen.

Thanks
    Sai