CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  What are the limits of filter when using cadsmcmd targetcomputer?

Posted May 17, 2019 06:03 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to filter a list of computers based on a selection of scalability servers and OS information

I tried the following:

(Staging-Server-Name and Betriebssystemtyp are the German attributes)

cadsmcmd targetcomputer action=list DisHwOnly filter="(Staging-Server-Name=host1 || Staging-Server-Name=host2 || Staging-ServerName=host3) && (Betriebssystemtyp=WIN_7_X64 || Betriebssystemtyp=WIN_7_INTEL))"

But so far I only got it to work with a maximum of 2 checks combined:

cadsmcmd targetcomputer action=list DisHwOnly filter="(Staging-Server-Name=host1 || Staging-Server-Name=host2) && Betriebssystemtyp=WIN_7_X64)"

If I try any more it either complains, that there's an unexpected logical operator or the filter string is too long...

Is there something I'm doing wrong or a different approach here? The query needs to be dynamic, because I create it during a script run and might contain more or fewer server names / OSs.

I'd appreciate any pointers that could help.

Regards,

Marco Lorenz

• 2.  Re: What are the limits of filter when using cadsmcmd targetcomputer?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2019 06:52 AM

i will do some testing but there is a 256 character limit on the command line I believe.

• 3.  Re: What are the limits of filter when using cadsmcmd targetcomputer?

Posted May 22, 2019 09:15 AM

Would that maybe work through the batch interface as a way to circumvent the limitations?

Or is a different API available? (I tried to access the Pipeline Mode years ago, but couldn't convince it to work through PowerShell :-))