CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Application with Visual Basic 6.0 setup hangs on Windows 10

Posted May 23, 2019 05:11 AM

Hello,

sadly we still need to deploy applications that are based on Visual Basic 6.0 and we cannot modify the installed components. So the workaround for installing Visual Basic development environments and creating your own setups doesn't help me (the data access components seems to be an issue sometimes).

And the main problem is, that the application installs fine manually on Windows 10, but as soon as I try to run the unattended setup through ITCM it hangs.

First I called the setup through PowerShell, but now I created a package that directly calls the application, but still no luck.

Can anybody provide a hint there?

Regards,

Marco Lorenz

• 2.  Re: Application with Visual Basic 6.0 setup hangs on Windows 10

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2019 06:43 AM

How is the application installed manually, MSI? Exe? ... Is there any unattended install with those installers?

• 3.  RE: Re: Application with Visual Basic 6.0 setup hangs on Windows 10

Posted Jun 03, 2019 08:53 AM
    The unattended setup.exe can be launched with /s and log-file parameter.
    And I was finally able to get it to run (just wasn't able to post because of forum transition :-)).

I launched the script with the "Interactive" option for the procedure activated, which a) runs it in 32-bit (needed a slight tweak in our PowerShell script) and the VB setup probably needs the "screen interaction" to trigger certain events it won't do otherwise).

Now I just have to find out, why one system can execute the data access component installation and the other exits with a "serious error" because it can't create a folder...