CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Remote Control Web configuration

Posted Jul 21, 2016 03:25 PM

Hello all, I'm new to Client Automation. I'm trying to make Remote Control work from Internet Explorer but I'm encountering an error when I try to connect to the remote Machine. From within DSM Explorer I have no problems, but when I try to do it from RCViewer.html, I get the following connection error:

Capture.JPG

These are the values I'm placing in the page:

Capture.JPG

Is there any configuration that needs to be done in order for it to work? The only information available from CA Documentation is the location of RCViewer.html, but nothing more.

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: Remote Control Web configuration

Posted Jul 22, 2016 10:26 AM

Hi

I was wondering if you see any messages in the RC logs like TRC_URC_HOST_0.log or the TRC_URC_SERVER_0.log located in the DSM\log directory, What are you trying to do as I never seen anyone do this and want to see if there is another way to accomplish an RC connection.  I tried running it the same way and didnt work . I then tried again and I did the following

I ran the RCviewer.html and it popped up a browser and I am using chrome and it prompted me to enable Active X for ca component so i agreed and then in the address field I put %Servername FQDN%:4728 and protocol TCP and it worked fine

did you use the FQDN and specify the port ? Please try that and advise back and also if it still doesn't work check the logs above ,. I hope this is helpful

Joe

rc connection.png

• 3.  Re: Remote Control Web configuration

Posted Jul 22, 2016 10:27 AM

Hi

If that resolves it for you please mark the question as answered

Regards

Joe

• 4.  Re: Remote Control Web configuration

Posted Jul 22, 2016 01:21 PM

Joe;

Thanks for the response. I'm using the FQDN of the server with the port too. I'll check the logs on monday and post it here. I'll also try with chrome since I only tried with IE.

Thanks again!

• 5.  Re: Remote Control Web configuration

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 27, 2016 09:23 AM

Francisco,

I've gone and marked this question as assumed answered. If the above solution didn't work for you, please just let us know and we'll re-open the question!