CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to use policy for asset software usage

Posted Jun 15, 2016 02:50 AM

Hi,

I found Asset software usage under Policies folder in DSM explorer and I have created a policy for a MS word 2010. I have started this application in two systems to test this policy but nothing is happening. No record founded in policy history. Please let me know how to create a policy to monitor software usage.

Regards,

Paul

• 2.  Re: How to use policy for asset software usage

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 04:01 AM

Paul,

Check if the software usage data is listed under All Computers > [asset name] > software > usage. If it is not listed there, the policy will not be triggered.

Make sure Enable History Tracking is checked, the policy event is set to track All events and the selected action can easily be verified.

regards,

Leo

• 3.  Re: How to use policy for asset software usage

Posted Jun 15, 2016 04:34 AM

Thanks for your kind response Leo.

History tracking is already enabled under policy and I have already set the policy event to all events. But, still I can't find any record under policy history and under software usage. I have also enabled usage monitoring for that application under discovered software. If the policy is not triggered then please suggest me a way to trigger the policy.

Regards,

Paul

• 4.  Re: How to use policy for asset software usage

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 04:39 AM
      |   view attached

Have you enabled the collect task under the group of computer you wish to monitor?

• 5.  Re: How to use policy for asset software usage

Posted Jun 15, 2016 04:52 AM

Yes, It's enabled. But I didn't create custom signature, I used CA provided signatures as you mentioned in below comment. Please let me know the steps to create a custom signature for MS office word 2010.

• 6.  Re: How to use policy for asset software usage

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 05:05 AM
      |   view attached

In the SW definitions, right click on all definitions and create a new product. When prompted say yes to create a new release and fill in the details including the Usage filename.

• 7.  Re: How to use policy for asset software usage
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 04:26 AM

Do not use the CA provided signatures as they do not have a meter stop/start file define. You must create your own custom signature.