CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  "No primer. Credential required." Dmsweep status after scan

Posted Oct 27, 2015 01:38 PM

I'm using dmsweep for scanning network and find new devices.

For some devices, I have seen the status: "No primer. Credential required." after I scanned it.

But I have the same stauts "No primer. Credential required" for devices have dsm agent installed (all agents - rm, am, sd, primer) and for devices that do not have dsm agent installed.

I see the same status for both devices, those who have and do not have agent.

What could be happen:

What difference between dmsweep status?

"No primer. Credential required."

"Ready to deploy. Credendial requirede"

"Package deployed. Credential required"

"Machine is dow. Credential required" - ok its look like obvious.

In fact, I would like to know and see devices that have the dsm agent installed and devices that do not have dsm agent installed.

Regards,

Nelson

• 2.  Re: "No primer. Credential required." Dmsweep status after scan

Posted Oct 27, 2015 02:09 PM

·         "No primer. Credential required." – Should be obvious, primer needs to be installed. Even if a full Agent is installed you would get this if the primer was not installed. You should not get this if the primer is installed unless the CAM configuration has been modified (removing the DMPrimer registration) or CAM is not running.

·         "Ready to deploy. Credential required" – Primer is installed, but the certificate either was not copied or does not match the Domain you are scanning from. See the certificate description below. In this case, the package being deployed is not installed (may be older version)

·         "Package deployed. Credential required" – Package is already deployed. Primer is installed but no certificate. Since the package is deployed there is no need to do anything unless you really want to reinstall the Agent for some reason.

·         "Machine is down. Credential required" – computer could not be contacted.

Every Domain Manager has a certificate ‘dmkeydat.cer’ in \Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\dmdeploy which is created during the Domain Manager installation. The certificate has the Domain Manager’s FQDN embedded in it. When the primer is installed via deployment manager or DMSweep, the certificate is copied as well (and renamed to

• 3.  Re: "No primer. Credential required." Dmsweep status after scan

Posted Oct 27, 2015 05:12 PM

Hi Stephen, thank you for your help.

About these status: "Ready to deploy" and "Package deployed", can I consider dsm agent installed when I have both status?

Is there a stauts that show us that a device do not have package or agent installed?

Regares,

• 4.  Re: "No primer. Credential required." Dmsweep status after scan
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 27, 2015 05:30 PM

“Package Deployed” means the same package you are attempting to send is already deployed at the target, so you do not need to deploy to this target.

“Ready to Deploy” means the package you are scanning for is NOT on the target. It does not necessarily mean there is no Agent on the target though, only that the package you are sending is not there. Could be a different combination of plug-ins is installed or the English only/multi-language package.

“No Primer” means it cannot determine whether an Agent is installed or not since the primer is not there.

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Principal Services Consultant

Tel: +1-731-676-4223

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com

<mailto:Stephen.McCormick@ca.com>

• 5.  Re: "No primer. Credential required." Dmsweep status after scan

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2015 09:45 AM

Hi Nelson

is your query answered or do you need further clarification?

regards

Rich

• 6.  Re: "No primer. Credential required." Dmsweep status after scan

Posted Oct 28, 2015 09:56 AM

Yes! Tks for your help.

• 7.  Re: "No primer. Credential required." Dmsweep status after scan

Posted Aug 03, 2016 12:12 PM

Dear Nelson, Good afternoon,

Could solve your problem?