CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  how to do a health check for CA ITCA 14.1?

Posted Jul 13, 2016 10:44 PM

Hi,

How to do a health check for CA ITCA 14.1 (servers, etc)? Is there any document or guide to do a health check?

Regards

• 2.  Re: how to do a health check for CA ITCA 14.1?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2016 06:03 AM

Hi

There is no specific doc re this. Can you give more detail on what you want to check?

regards

Rich

• 3.  Re: how to do a health check for CA ITCA 14.1?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 14, 2016 11:49 AM
      |   view attached

HI

There are some general items you can check and verify they are ok

1. Make sure that SQL maintenance has been done on the mdb database on a regular basis if not setup a plan in SQL Management Studio. We have a document you can refer to mdb proper care and feeding document I attached to this post.

2. Make sure you prepare for the upgrade by having the ca_itrm password if not using the default password. Ensure SQL connectivity if using a remote database.

3. Make sure the Windows user you are going to upgrade CA Client Automation with is a member of the local Administrator group and has the SQL Server Security role of SYSADMIN assigned to it. 

4. Its a best practice to have a validated full backup of mdb database in case you need to restore the prior version if need be.

5. When running setup make sure all services for CA Client Automation are stopped examples are DSM Explorer , caf Web Console connections (WAC) etc

before running setup.exe

There may be some other items I can advise when you respond back to this and The previous response to your question.

I hope this is helpful

Thanks

Joe

Attachment(s)

• 4.  Re: how to do a health check for CA ITCA 14.1?

Posted Jul 15, 2016 11:13 AM

HI Mohd

I was wondering if we address your questions and if so can you please mark it answered in the community. If not please advise if we can assist you further on the upgrade.

Thanks

Joe