How to do a health check for CA ITCA 14.1 (servers, etc)? Is there any document or guide to do a health check?
There is no specific doc re this. Can you give more detail on what you want to check?
There are some general items you can check and verify they are ok
1. Make sure that SQL maintenance has been done on the mdb database on a regular basis if not setup a plan in SQL Management Studio. We have a document you can refer to mdb proper care and feeding document I attached to this post.
2. Make sure you prepare for the upgrade by having the ca_itrm password if not using the default password. Ensure SQL connectivity if using a remote database.
3. Make sure the Windows user you are going to upgrade CA Client Automation with is a member of the local Administrator group and has the SQL Server Security role of SYSADMIN assigned to it.
4. Its a best practice to have a validated full backup of mdb database in case you need to restore the prior version if need be.
5. When running setup make sure all services for CA Client Automation are stopped examples are DSM Explorer , caf Web Console connections (WAC) etc
before running setup.exe
There may be some other items I can advise when you respond back to this and The previous response to your question.
I hope this is helpful
I was wondering if we address your questions and if so can you please mark it answered in the community. If not please advise if we can assist you further on the upgrade.