CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Installed software not showing under discovered software

Posted Mar 24, 2016 06:20 AM

Hi,

In our environment we are using ITCM 12.9.0.338 and there is no scalability server. We have only domain manager. I have deployed a software and successfully installed. But that software is not showing under target system>software>discovered software. Is there any way to get that software under discovered software list?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

• 2.  Re: Installed software not showing under discovered software
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2016 10:43 AM

Hi Paul,

Discovered Software gets populated by the Asset Management plugin part of the Agent. Regardless of how it got installed, the Agent needs to run its software inventory task to discover installed software. So there are several possibilities as to why it might not be showing up:

• the Asset Management plugin has not run yet
    • the software inventory task schedule may not have occcurred yet
    • if software inventory is only using the Software Signature method, there may not be a signature for it

There is a configuration setting that can be set to trigger the Agent to run a scan after a Software Delivery job. That may help you more quickly identify the installed software.

• 3.  Re: Installed software not showing under discovered software

Posted Mar 29, 2016 04:26 AM

Thanks Mike.
    I found my software discovery task is using only software signature method as you said. I create another collect task using Heuristic Scanner method and now its working.