CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Software Signatures

Posted May 02, 2016 12:15 PM

I'm looking for specific software signatures and do not see them on my ITCM domain manager in the software definitions.

My content download process is working (returning no errors).

Is there a way to search the CA provided signatures to see if it is supposed to be on my DM?

How do we submit signatures?

• 2.  Re: Software Signatures

Posted May 02, 2016 12:26 PM

Hi Bill,

I believe the following free class has information about submitting information regarding missing signatures:

https://marketplace.ca.com/education/14clm20020.html

You will have to add the class to your cart and go through the check-out process, but the price is $0.00. It is a worthwhile class and is not very long.

As for which signatures should be on your DM, since you have many DMs and an EM I think it’s fairly safe to say if all your managers are downloading signatures and none of them have the signatures you are looking for then they are not available. If a signature is just missing from one or two managers then perhaps you have some problem. It is quite uncommon for a manager’s CIC to appear to be working but have missing signatures. If you think your signatures are incomplete, contact support and ask how to reset your CA-provided signature database to baseline, after which it will re-download all available signatures (warning – takes several hours!)

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Principal Services Consultant

• 3.  Re: Software Signatures
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2016 04:21 AM

Hi Bill

CA no longer provides a custom signature service. The supported signature content is documented here

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/5585/5585_Supported_Content.pdf?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1

This details which applications we will continue to provide updated signatures for. If you have an application that is not on this list and you feel CA should provide it as then please raise an idea for this in this community and product management will review.

The course that Steve highlight above was created to aid customers in creating their own custom content and leverage the new intellisig feature.

regards

Rich