CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Engine on Scalability Server not running

Posted Jan 28, 2016 04:49 AM

Hi,

We have upgraded Client Automation from 12.5 SP1 to 12.9 (DM/SS/Agents) but we have noticed that the Engines Service on the main SS's (we have 2 extra in our data centre and others with no Engine at sites) are failing after 5mins.  these were working OK in 12.5 SP1.

It seems to be that since the upgrade the network flow from the SS Engine to the DM (SQL Server on different DB Server) has changed.  can anyone advised if there were any changes in the port flows?

I will try to get a redacted Log and screen shots on here later today.

Regards

Colin

• 2.  Re: Engine on Scalability Server not running

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 04:55 AM

Hi Colin,

There has not been any changes in the ports or flows between 12.5 and 12.9 other than CAM TCP but that would affect all communications. As you say you need the logs to work out what is happening, I assume the Engine was upgraded on the SS? As the Engine is a manager component you would have had to upgraded from the install media and not the Software Delivery package.

Rgds,

Steve.

• 3.  Re: Engine on Scalability Server not running
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 28, 2016 05:06 AM

Steve

Thanks for the Info.  Yes we upgrade the SS's via the media only the port devices were via Software Delivery package(s).   I was checking the community and noticed that the Engine needs access to the MDB, our MDB is on a separate DB server which these the SS's do not have access to as they have access to the DM Server.  I think this is by design and I am not sure why the Engines on 12.5 SP1 were working.  The Engine service on these 2 SS are not being used so will advised that the engine be uninstalled or create a network port flow from the SS to the MDB via the firewalls.

Regards

Colin

• 4.  Re: Engine on Scalability Server not running

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 05:09 AM

Hi Colin,

The Engine has always needed direct access to the MDB so as you say they can never have been working.

Rgds,

Steve.