CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Problems with Infrastructure Deployment

Posted Jun 30, 2015 10:26 AM

Hi,

I have a problem in a Domain Manager, when I try to do a Infrastructure Deployment, we have some computers that are already installed but it appears like 'Machine Responding' instead of Deployed.

I have the policy that always install the agent but my problem is why the "Scan Target", does not show the real state of the machine.

Do you have any idea about this problem?

Thanks

Regards

• 2.  Re: Problems with Infrastructure Deployment
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 30, 2015 10:31 AM

Hi RdelaRosa,

Check if dmprimer is running on the target computers.

DMPrimer is the one responding to the deployment wizard requests and the one checking the installed components of the ITCM agent.

If DMPrimer is not installed there, the deployment wizard will show always 'Machine responding'.

Please, let me know if this clarifies the situation.

Best regards,

Jordi.

• 3.  Re: Problems with Infrastructure Deployment

Posted Jun 30, 2015 10:37 AM

Hi,

Yes as Jordi advises check if CAM is running on the target.

Matthew

• 4.  Re: Problems with Infrastructure Deployment

Posted Jun 30, 2015 10:39 AM

Hi,

Yes thanks for the quick answer. You were totally right!

Thanks

Regards

• 5.  Re: Problems with Infrastructure Deployment

Posted Jun 30, 2015 10:40 AM

Usually that is because the computer has the Agent installed but does not have the DMPrimer installed. DMPrimer is required for the Deployment Manager to recognize that the Agent is already installed since it is the primer that responds to its query. This usually happens because the Agent was installed using a different method (not infrastructure deployment).

You can push the primer as a package if you need to. The primer install is actually an encapsulated MSI. You can extract it by running the setup executable and finding the install files in your temp directory during the first prompt, then cancel the install. You can then push it as a regular SD package and of course you can add the CA parameter to install it in a different location.

After the primer is installed you also need to copy the certificate file to:

C:\Program Files\CA\DSM\DMPrimer\

Or

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\DMPrimer\

Depending of course on whether we are on a 32 or 64 bit system. This needs to happen after the primer is installed (so the directory gets created)

You can get the certificate file from the Domain Manager at  :\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\DMPrimer

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Principal Services Consultant