CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Problems with Inherited Policies

Posted Jun 22, 2015 11:35 AM

Hi,

The problem that I have is when I´m copying a computer that is in a group that has a Policy to another group that has other distinct policy. I need to let the computer in the two groups but I only want to take the last policy.

I tried to make a Job that delete the inherited policy from a computer to put him a new policy but I didn´t find the way to do it.

Can you give me some tips?

Thanks

EDIT: I need to make this process automatically, for that I have the problem.

• 2.  Re: Problems with Inherited Policies
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2015 08:44 AM

Hi

I am afraid there is no way to do this. If a computer is a member of both groups that have conflicting policies then the only solutions are to either remove the computer from one of the group or change the policies so that they do not conflict.

If you require the abilty to specify which policy takes priority then please raise this as an idea so the community can comment on it and product management can review the idea.

Regards

Rich

• 3.  Re: Problems with Inherited Policies

Posted Jun 24, 2015 02:54 AM

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I think that it is not needed to raise this case as an idea because I only have this one and I don´t have the same problem in other points.

Regards
    Ricardo

• 4.  Re: Problems with Inherited Policies

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2015 05:17 AM

thanks for the reply. can you please mark my post as the correct answer so that the thread is shown as answered

regards Rich