CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to use DSM reporter to view the job output from a procedure on multiple computers?

Posted Sep 01, 2014 08:51 AM

I have created a SW package to retrieve some information from multiple computers. The data is viewable in the "Job output", but I have more than 300 computers, so I would like a report containing the job output from all computers.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to use DSM reporter to view the job output from a procedure on multiple computers?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2014 08:57 AM

Hi BB_King,

The output of the jobs is contained in external text files and it is not stored on the mdb. So, the reporter has no access to these files. Apart from this, the output can be very long for particular jobs (msi installation in verbose mode for instance) and I think the reporter is not the correct way to get this information.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Jordi Palomeras i Porta

Sr Support Engineer

ca-Technologies

WTC Almeda Park

Plaça de la Pau s/n Edifici 2 - Planta 4a

08940 Cornellà de Llobregat

Catalunya

<https://www.facebook.com/CATechnologies>[Twitter]<http://twitter.com/CAInc>[LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/1372?goback=.cps_1244823420724_1>

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to use DSM reporter to view the job output from a procedure on multiple computers?

Posted Sep 01, 2014 09:05 AM

Hi Jordi,

Thanks for Your reply. Not the answer I was hoping for, but at least I won't need to waste more time searching the DSM Reporter for a solution...

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to use DSM reporter to view the job output from a procedure on multiple computers?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2014 09:12 AM

Hi BB_King,

Sorry for the bad news on that. However, if the information you try to retrieve is not quite big, maybe you may try to create a .MIF file and leave it as additiona inventory information which can be related to each computer and stored on the mdb. Doing it this way the reporter should be able to access it.

Implementing the SDJob using dmscript will allow you to easily manage the .MIF files and store the data in the AM inventory folder.

Just as an idea to try to help in this matter.

Best regards,

Jordi.

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to use DSM reporter to view the job output from a procedure on multiple computers?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2014 12:00 PM
      |   view attached

Hi BB_King,

I have created a BAT script which generates a file job_output.csv with result of Job Output for a package name and procedure name.

I attach the file job_output.txt which should be renamed as job_output.bat

For example :

To get all job output for package JAVA 1.0 and procedure install, execute this :

job_output.bat "JAVA" "1.0" "install"

You could add parameters for SQL Database connection :

job_output.bat "JAVA" "1.0" "install" SQLServerName\InstanceName ca_itrm ca_itrm_pwd

This script is only working fine if the job output does not contain carriage return and so contains only 1 line.

Maybe your SW package could be updated in order to generate a Job output in a single line ?

Regards,

Jean-Yves

Attachment(s)

zip
    job_output.txt.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to use DSM reporter to view the job output from a procedure on multiple computers?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 03, 2014 02:29 AM

Hi,

I once used the below sql query:

select agent_name,productname,productversion,usd_v_container_jobs.state,errorcause,

errorparam,jobname from usd_v_container_jobs where state not in ('9') and productname like 'dsmswpack' order by 4 desc

Regards,

Samad