CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple software deployment after a new agent got registered

Posted Aug 25, 2014 11:18 AM

Hi All,

I want to deploy multiple softwares in a sequence on a newly registered machine automatically.
    Is there any way to deploy those softwares like when the machine got registered to the scalibility server just like Task sequence in SCCM after OS deployment?

Regards,

Mohd Wasique

• 2.  Re: Multiple software deployment after a new agent got registered

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2014 11:51 AM

Hello,

first thing to do is to build a procedure group where you'll be able to define the order of the packages so under Software Package Library right-click and select New>Procedure Group. Once created you can drag-n-drop the procedures you want to add and then if needed you can reposition them.

With the procedure created, it's time to create a Software Policy so go to Policies > Software Based and right-click to select New Software Policy to create the policy linked to a Computer Group (including All computers) and you'll be shown the usual wizard where you'll be able to select the newly created Procedure Group, then you'll be able to select the Computer Group that will get the packages and then the last screen will asl for the SW Policy Name. In this screen select Open Advanced Policy settings dialog where you'll be presented with the properties of the container that will be created when the policy will find a suitable target.

In the new window go to the Evaluation tab and select "Enable Ad-hoc target evaluation for this group" and you'll get the option "Only when new (or re-installed) targets report their inventory" automaticaly set.
    Once finished, this policy will be evaluated every 2 minutes or when 10 targets are found (whatever happens first) and a new container will be created for the suitable targets that will get the packages from the Procedure Group.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Xavier.

• 3.  Re: Multiple software deployment after a new agent got registered

Posted Sep 16, 2014 07:01 AM

Hi

I have ITCM ES and DM on windows 2012 with version 12.8. I have 100 agents installed with XP and Win7 OS. I have created a software procedure group and based on that I have created software policy and assigned that policy to XP OS dynamic group.

In the Evaluation tab and have selected "Enable Ad-hoc target evaluation for this group" and selected the option "Only when new (or re-installed) targets report their inventory". Now to test this i installed new agent on win XP machine. Machine got registered in domain manager.

New job gets created for this newly registered xp machine as defined in software policy. - Meets expectation

But another job gets created to deploy all procedure groups on the dynamic group consists of many XP machines.

My requirement is to create one software policy which will deploy softwares only on newly created agents. It should not be applicable to old agents which are already there in Domain manager. Please help with the configuration.

Thanks

Nikhil

• 4.  Re: Multiple software deployment after a new agent got registered

Posted Sep 16, 2014 07:01 AM

Hi

I have ITCM ES and DM on windows 2012 with version 12.8. I have 100 agents installed with XP and Win7 OS. I have created a software procedure group and based on that I have created software policy and assigned that policy to XP OS dynamic group.

In the Evaluation tab and have selected "Enable Ad-hoc target evaluation for this group" and selected the option "Only when new (or re-installed) targets report their inventory". Now to test this i installed new agent on win XP machine. Machine got registered in domain manager.

New job gets created for this newly registered xp machine as defined in software policy. - Meets expectation

But another job gets created to deploy all procedure groups on the dynamic group consists of many XP machines.

My requirement is to create one software policy which will deploy softwares only on newly created agents. It should not be applicable to old agents which are already there in Domain manager. Please help with the configuration.

Thanks

Nikhil

• 5.  Re: Multiple software deployment after a new agent got registered

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2014 09:37 AM

Hi Nikhil

if the packages are already installed on the old systems but not by client automation then there will be no install record. Software policy works by evaluating the computers history against the policy and then creating jobs for the violators.

Your old PC's will be violators as there is not install record. so the first solution is to get an install record in the db. You could achieve this by running a detection script or by running the sd_acmd addinstallrecord command on each PC. Once the install history is populated they will no longer be violators and thus no job will be created.

The second option is to create a query group to discover those computers that have recently been built and apply the policy to this group only for example if you are building the new computers by OSIM then you could use a query to detect computers where the current state exists from a specified time frame onwards

eg to find all computers with a current state since 1st December 2013

SELECT * FROM csm_v_computer WHERE csm_v_computer.uuid in (select distinct c.uuid from csm_object c,csm_property c_pr,csm_link l_bc, csm_object bc,csm_v_property bc_pr,csm_property bc_bs where c.class=102 and l_bc.parent = c.id and l_bc.child = bc.id and bc.class = 1004 and bc_bs.object = bc.id and bc_bs.name = 'bootstatus' and bc_bs.value='1000' and bc_pr.object = bc.id and bc_pr.name = 'configstatetime' and bc_pr.i_value  >=  1385874000)

The Query designer can help you create this

Expand queries and right click on OSIM Computers  - select new

expand OSIM Configurations - Current OS Installation

Select Current state exist since

define the operator as >=

define the date in mm/dd/yyyy

hope this helps

Rich