CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  What is CA\DSM\ServerDB\SWJORDER folder?

Posted Aug 22, 2014 10:08 AM

Hi All,

There are 10,857 files in this folder. Is it OK delete this files?

• 2.  Re: What is CA\DSM\ServerDB\SWJORDER folder?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2014 10:41 AM

Hi Erhan, this directory contains the files related to SD agents used by the Scalability Server (if it's the DM is used by its own internal Scalability Server) so these files are needed. Each computer and user has its own directory and files under each of them as they link the users with the computers and also the container/job information is stored there. Also, you may see cached information in the main directory for information not yet updated in the DM as maybe some agents are not registered yet but the SD registration information has already been registerd in the Scalability Server.

The sd_server process usually do a housekeeping of this directory but if you feel there're too many for the number of computers and users in the system, we can investigate it but we'll need to deal with it in an issue in support.ca.com as we'll need to check the MDB and the whole directory while also forcing a housekeeping to check if the cleanup is done correctly.

Which version are you running?

Kind regards, Xavier.

• 3.  Re: What is CA\DSM\ServerDB\SWJORDER folder?

Posted Aug 25, 2014 02:27 AM

Hi Xavier,

Now 10,380 files in this directory. Should I open a case for this?

Best Regards,

• 4.  Re: What is CA\DSM\ServerDB\SWJORDER folder?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2014 05:29 AM

Hi Erhan, I think is worth doing a review of the directory so agree that a case is a good approach so please open it and I’ll check it out.

Cheers, Xavi.

• 5.  Re: What is CA\DSM\ServerDB\SWJORDER folder?

Posted Aug 25, 2014 05:39 AM

Ok Xavi,

Now I have an open case about "JOB CONTAINER BUILD FAILED " and "jobs status waiting".

After this case I will open new one for SWJORDER folder.

Best Regards,