CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  SXP Packager

Posted Jun 09, 2014 09:42 AM

I would like to apologize for lack of knowledge, but I am new to the CA ITCM world, coming from the "dark side" of SCCM ... I have inherited the system including a ton of packages and I am trying to find out some more information about SXP Packages and how they are created. I am on version 12.5.1000.767 and I simply cannot find in the documentation how to create a snapshot (sxp package) on the reference computer.

Any suggestion or link to a docummentation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: SXP Packager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2014 12:22 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

Could you please refer to the attached admin guide and let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Samad

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: SXP Packager

Posted Jun 10, 2014 01:11 AM

Thank you Samad for quick reply. I have this pdf, but I have not found how is The Packager  deployed - installed on the reference computer. What am I missing here? Maybe it is something simple and basic.

Thanks!

Milos

• 4.  RE: SXP Packager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2014 02:29 AM

Dear Milos,

Would you like to know how to install the SD Packager and subsequent steps to create a package?

Regards,
    Samad

• 5.  RE: SXP Packager

Posted Jun 10, 2014 02:49 AM

Yes pretty please! :-)

• 6.  RE: SXP Packager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2014 03:03 AM

Hi,

Please install the Software Management Packager from the ITCM DVD on bare OS machine which should not even have ITCM Agent. Here are the steps:

- Run the Setup.exe from the ITCM R12.5 DVD
     - On the Welcome page select Install CA ITCM
      On the Select Product Functionality Screen uncheck, 'Asset Management' and
      'Remote control' and the select only 'Software delivery' and then click next.
    - On the next screen deselect whatever is selected by default (if any)
        and choose to install only 'software management packager' under 'packaging tools'
     - Click next to complete the installation.

Then follow the steps given below to create and register a software:

1.Open the Software Management Packager from Programes files > CA
     2.Enter the name and the version of the software you would like to package.
     3.Follow the steps mentioned in the wizard and install the software when it request you.
     4.Once done you will be given options either to convert the package to msi or register sxp package. Please choose as appropriate.
     5.Once registered, right click on the package name on the left pane of the console and select register product and complete the wizard.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Samad

• 7.  RE: SXP Packager

Posted Jun 10, 2014 03:38 AM

Thank you very much I will try right now!

• 8.  Re: SXP Packager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2014 01:17 AM

Hi,

Did you get a chance to try out the suggested steps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Samad

• 9.  Re: SXP Packager

Posted Jul 03, 2014 02:34 AM

Thank you Abdul - I was able to create the packe. I have found  that you cannot install it on clean updated system. The installation will break. I had to reinstall .Net and C++ 2010 redist ... to make it work. I come from SCCM and so far I am quite dissapointed with ITCM :-)

Right now I am facing issue with SD jobs not reporting. The state it Active/Waiting even though the SW is correctly deployed on the computer.

• 10.  Re: SXP Packager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2014 06:44 AM

Hi,

For the job status, could you please recycle the caf service on the agent and then check the status.    

Regards,

Samad

• 11.  Re: SXP Packager

Posted Jul 03, 2014 07:13 AM

Hello Samad,

I did recycle DM, SC and Agent. It usually starts that the collect engine will not update anything (just reports Performing Job:  <Server> Collect)

Then we recycle the CAM with:

caf stop

caf kill cfsystray

cfsystray stop

cam change disabled

camclose

csampmux stop

cam change auto & cam start -c

caf start

start cfsystray

That usualy helps stuff moving again but the jobs will stay active/waiting even though they installed correctly.

I have restarted caf on agent and restartet the agen computer. Also restarted Scalability server that handles the agent. Following image is from job status on the DM. The software is installed on the agent, almost immediately when the job is posted.

Any help is reallly appreciated. Should we open another topic?JobStuck.JPG