Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Getting an error while running Reporting tool as we need data for a job since 2016

Posted Dec 09, 2019 07:57 AM
    Hello All
    we are in urgent need of runtime of a job since 2016 , when i ran the reporting tool it is getting an error-

E:\UC4\V12\Utility\UC4PROD\bin>ucybdbrt -C0014 -XE:\UC4\V12\Utility\UC4PROD\bin\
    queries\repo.s.xml
    U00042224 UCYBDBRT version 12.1.1+hf.3.build.384, (changelist '1520334547') star
    ted.
    U00038259 Build Date: '2018-03-07', '10:57:20'
    U00003590 UCUDB - DB error: 'SQLDriverConnect', 'ERROR ', 'IM002', ' Data sour
    ce name not found and no default driver specified'
    U00042222 UCYBDBRT ended with return code 3590.

Please help me in this.

Thank you
    Shaivi

------------------------------
    Shaivi Chauhan

• 2.  RE: Getting an error while running Reporting tool as we need data for a job since 2016

Posted Dec 09, 2019 02:23 PM
    Check the connect string in the ucybdbrt.ini file, it should be identical to the one in the ucsrv.ini (Automation Engine bin directory).

Message says that it doesn't found the DB so 99% of the time its a wrong setting of the connect string.

Regards.

Alain

• 3.  RE: Getting an error while running Reporting tool as we need data for a job since 2016

Posted Dec 19, 2019 03:13 AM
    Thank You Alain :)

Shaivi Chauhan

• 4.  RE: Getting an error while running Reporting tool as we need data for a job since 2016
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2019 02:44 PM
    ucybdbrt is only able to report data from the UC4 database.  This same information is also available via the user interface.

If you are hoping that this report program will provide more history than what the user interface provides, then you will be disappointed.  And if this is your goal, then we'll need to talk about your database maintenance processes and where they store your database archives, which are then accessed with the "Archive Browser" tool.

Pete

• 5.  RE: Getting an error while running Reporting tool as we need data for a job since 2016

Posted Dec 19, 2019 03:12 AM
    thank you so much Peter

i will check the strings and one more thing as we are using AWI 12.1 , from where we can see these backdated data ?
    do we need to add some settings and from where ? as i dont want to add the option that shows deactivated jobs also  in search from Filters,

Your help is appreciated.
    Thank you
    Shaivi

Shaivi Chauhan

• 6.  RE: Getting an error while running Reporting tool as we need data for a job since 2016

Posted Dec 19, 2019 06:11 PM
    See UC_UTILITY_ARCHIVE, Key=PATH to find where your system is supposed to store its backed up data.

Then find and use the "Archive Browser" to access those files.
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#Utilities/admin_AboutArchiveBrowser.htm

disclaimer:
    ========
    I have not personally used the "Archive Browser", so I can't answer any questions about that tool.

Pete

• 7.  RE: Getting an error while running Reporting tool as we need data for a job since 2016

Posted Dec 21, 2019 08:18 AM
    Hi,

The archive browser is an old tool from version 2.xx that is still usable. But it scans all the files in the indicated Archive directory. So if you have a few years of histtory in it it may take a while ....

The best is to copy all the sub-directories of the client you want to scan, from the period you are looking at, in a specific directory. And then indicate this directory to scan for this job you want to retrieve. Need to be a windows directory as the Archive Browser works only on windows systems.

Reminder : if you have compressed the archives files don't forget to uncompress them before ....

Regards.

Alain